Our purpose is to keep your teeth healthy and we will always do our best to save your tooth. There will be occasions where the only solution for the sake of your oral health is to remove (extract) a tooth.
What is a Surgical Extraction?
A simple extraction is a common procedure for a tooth that is visible above the gum line. A Surgical Extraction is the removal of a tooth beneath the gum line where some gum tissue or bone will also be removed to access the tooth.
When would I need a Surgical Extraction?
- Impacted or partially impacted tooth, often a wisdom tooth
- A cracked tooth that is fragile and may break into multiple pieces
- A broken tooth if broken on or below the gum line
- A tooth with long, curved or large roots
- To treat some cases of periodontal disease
What are the benefits of a Surgical Extraction?
- Removes the affected tooth and any remnants to prevent further dental pain.
- Protects surrounding teeth from potential infection.
Surgical Extraction at Ruabon Road
Dr Will Hodgson has a special-interest in oral surgery and carries out all surgical extractions at Ruabon Road.